1 (edited by vincentieo 2013-02-28 14:52:41)

Topic: Donate for Redactor

After a discussion about the best text editor on offer for all cms platforms, in particular Monstra, we came to the conclusion that Redactor shines out. 

- Designers love Monstra
- Developers love Monstra
- Lets make sure end users love Monstra also.

With that in mind I have setup a donation page so that we may take the first steps in getting Monstra a nice little UI face lift. 
https://www.bountysource.com/#fundraise … on-monstra

With a little support, it will be off the ground in no time.

2 2013-02-28 03:24:39

Re: Donate for Redactor

Nice try!
But we need founder comments on this to put away all questions according donation acceptor.

3 (edited by vincentieo 2013-02-28 10:42:26)

Not sure I follow what you mean?

Just received this:

Hey Vince,

Thanks for using BountySource!

I just came across your new fundraiser for Redactor on Monstra.

I was a little curious about the funding goal and realized that you set it as the exact price of the OEM license. You might want to increase the funding goal if you want the fundraiser to completely cover the cost of the license... There will be fees attached upon goal completion and payout (our 5% fee + payment processing fees), and there might even be a tax on the license?

Just something to think about. If you want to keep it as is, though, we'd be happy to feature your fundraiser on the homepage and help you get the word out.

Let us know!

Cheers,

So I guess we will have to boost it up a little

• +5% = 20 for bounty source fee.

• +20% = 80 for tax

• 399 OME licence

new total target: 499

4 2013-02-28 14:25:25

This is good, but it is better to spend money to improve the system supporting the developers.
http://monstra.org/contribute/sponsors

5 (edited by vincentieo 2013-02-28 14:48:02)

Sure, I agree the developers should be given credit for their hard work.  It is open source and all development should arrive organically with the lead developer taking the final decision as to new implementations. 

Simply, I feel this would be a great boost for the cms, on many levels, and would be happy to pay my way into the creation of a top end cms.  I know there are others that agree. 

It is up to you really, if you feel the systeem would benefit from the redactor editor, then pledge a little.  If we dont reach the total or it is not implemented for what ever reason, you will not get charged.  Nothing to loose in my opinion. 

I was thinking of buying a developer licence and creating the plugin for my personal use....but that it not very open source spirited of me so i figured out this way to allow others to benefit also.   

Bring forward the monstra revolution...